Kissing gourami is a fish with a bigger size and long life. The utmost size for kissing gouramis in aquariums is between 30 and 40 cm, equal to 12 and 15.5 inches.
Kissing Gourami Size
Pink kissing Gourami is additionally a really long-lived fish, a long-run dedication for the fish keeper with small size. They’ve been identified to reside in more of 25 years
The Kissing Gourami fish can get fairly giant, typically 10 – 12 inches in size. We don’t advocate them for the newbie due to their potential grownup measurement and since they’ll change into very territorial in a neighborhood tank.
They’ll typically chase your different fish across the tank, particularly after fish meals have entered the aquarium. These habits can get very annoying.
Other Recommended Articles
- Bangus Fish or Milkfish – Facts | Nutrition | Bone
- Red Tail Giant Gourami – Size | Growth | Description
- Pirarucu Fish Description and Facts
- Pangasius Fish Description and Facts
- Pangasius Catfish | Size | Aquarium | Diet | Care
- Nile Tilapia Diet | Growth | Farming | Aquaculture
- Pacific Barracuda Description and Facts
- Corydoras punctatus – Cory Catfish Description
- Red Cory Catfish Description and Facts
- Panda Cory – Description | Facts | Size | Eggs
- Demersal Fish – Examples | Tail | Types | Facts
- Corydoras Catfish – Types | Size | Breeding | Eggs
- Albino Cory Catfish – Size | Lifespan | Care | Diet
- Barracuda Fish – Size | Description | Habitat | Facts
- Atlantic Pollock (Pollachius pollachius) Description
- Arctic Char (Salvelinus alpinus) Description
- Pollock Fish vs Cod – Discussion and Debate
- Haddock vs Cod – Differentiation and Similarity
- Red Tail Barracuda Fish Facts and Description
- Life Cycle and Research on Baby Barracuda Fish
Kissing Gourami fishes is a slow grower. I’ve had mine for just a little over 12 months (even rising them out in my pond within the summertime) and they’re nonetheless solely about 5 inches or so, people get them at about 2″.
The other source says, kissing gourami full size is giant, as much as 30 cm (12 in) lengthy; when retaining in a tank normally it doesn’t develop bigger than 10—15 cm (4-6 in).
Kissing gouramis may also be offered as juveniles. Nevertheless, they do develop as much as a foot lengthy. To keep away from predation, keep away from fish sufficiently small to suit the gourami’s mouth.
Nevertheless, remember that kissing gouramis have comparatively small mouths, so plenty of small to medium catfish, cichlids, and minnows can nonetheless share a tank with them without concern of predation.
At a similar time, sharing a tank with a bigger fish can stress the smaller fish, so attempt to hold fish who’re at the least half the dimensions of the gourami.
Conversely, in case your kissing gourami continues to be younger, keep away from retaining it with fish giant sufficient to eat it.
How Fast do Kissing Gouramis Grow?
Very slow grower
The measurement relies upon the following Components:
- Natural Environment
- Food Supply
- Water PH
- kissing gourami tank size