Altogether, there are seven types of major carp available. It is an economically important South Asian freshwater fish from the Carp family. Cirrhinus cirrhosis is an Indian predominant carp, a rodent fish of the Carp family that lives on the Indian river. Lemu Rohita, Rohu (Rui), an Indian main carp, is a fish from the Karp family found in the South Asian river.
Types of Carp
Some consider all cyprinid fish carp, and the cyprinid family itself is often referred to as the carp family. Cyprinidae is a common name for the freshwater fish carp of many large fish in Europe and Asia. Although with mixed results, they have been introduced in various places around the world.
The two homemade varieties of the species are mirror carp (some with larger scales) and leather carp (almost scaleless). The Croatian carp (Carassius Carassius) is a barbell-less European relative of the goldfish. Many Asian carp are considered offensive fish.
Types of Carp (species)
Mrigal carp Cirrhinus cirrhosus
Common carp Cyprinus carpio
Silver carp Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Crucian carp Carassius carassius
Grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella
Bighead carp Hypophthalmichthys nobilis
Black carp Mylopharyngodon piceus
Catla carp (Indian carp) Cyprinus catla
Mud Carp Cirrhinus molitorella
The abdomen is of yellow color and the lower wings are reddish-orange. The two features that distinguish ordinary carp from the grass carp are the articular joints called barbells near the corners of the mouth and the long dorsal fin extending into the back half of their body.
Small carpes are commercially important fisheries in the family Cyprinidae. … The commercially important barbs are the Silver Barb (Barbamonas goniotus) and the Olive Barb (Systomus sarana) and these include the family Cyprinidae. Except for Cave Carp, the small carp and barbs are usually distributed in India.
Other Recommended Articles
- Electric Blue Jack Dempsey – Traits | Size | Tank | Breed | Life
- Siamese Algae Eater – Facts | Traits | Lifespan | Breed | Size
- Clown Loach – Care | Traits | Tank | Mates | Size | Food | Life
- Minnow Fish – Profile | Traits | Food | Care | Size | Eggs | Baits
- Julii Corydoras – Leopard Cory- Julii Cory – Traits | Breed | Size
- Pseudomugil Furcatus – Rainbowfish – Facts | Traits | Tank | Size
- Gold Barb Fish – Care | Size | Breeding | Tank Mates | Traits
- Motoro Stingray – Facts | String | Size | Diet | Traits | Lifespan
- Danio Zebrafish – Eating | Behavior | Egg | Traits | Care
- Fluorescent Zebrafish – Habitat | Diet | Behavior | Traits | Breed
- Blue Perch – Profile | Facts | Breeding | Habitat | Traits | Diet
- Swordtail Fish – Traits | Breeding | Care | Size | Lifespan
- Albino Silver Arowana – Facts | Size | Care | Traits | Growth
- Platinum arowana – Facts | Traits | Care | Breeding | Size | White
- Cherry Shrimp – Facts | Breeding | Molting | pH | Care | Size
- Crystal Red Shrimp – Grades | Care | Size | Breed | Facts | Traits
- Harlequin Rasbora – Food | Eggs | Breeding | Size | Temperature
- Beckford Pencilfish – Profile | Traits | Facts | Breeding | Care
- Coral Red Pencilfish – Profile | Facts | Care | Breed | Tank Mates
- Golden Pencilfish – Care | Tank Size | Breeding | Facts | Profile
Reproductions of mirrors or common carp are the result of Ghost Carp (alternative name of Ghost Quay only), a hybrid, and usually Purkinina koi (Platinum Ogan) to obtain a White Ghost Qui or Yamabuki (Yellow Ogan) to obtain Yellow Ghost Qui.
Common Carp Weave Normal carp have elongated bodies that range from brownish-green to golden-yellow to golden-yellow. Their faces are pointed downwards with thick lips and they have sensitive organs like whiskers on their mouths.