The Goblin shark diet keeps its stamina vigorous to lead a busy life underwater. The jaws are highly modified, allowing the quick projection of the victim that makes the goblin shark diet considerably easier. This article will give an overview of the Goblin shark diet.
Goblin shark diet
The mandibular joints are forwarded by a double set of ligaments. When the jaws are lifted the ligaments are stretched and relaxed as they move forward.
The jaws are usually held tight while swimming. Its slender teeth suggest feeding it mainly on soft-bodied prey such as shrimp, octopus, fish, and squid. It is also thought to feed on crashes, as there are successive crushing teeth.
The majority of individuals caught in the stomach reveal the feeding of meat-based on teleost fish, ostracods, squid, crabs, and cephalopods. Garbage and pelagic species have also been found in their stomachs. Therefore, this shark can swim in shallow water as well as in-depth to find food.
Yano and colleagues examined the stomach contents of 121 goblin sharks from the Tokyo submarine canyon. Hunting items include bonefish, squid, and crustaceans.
When feeding, the goblin shark extends its jaws faster than other species of sharks.
The goblin shark eats fish (both large and small), along with other sharks and rays. They also eat squid and crustaceans (like crabs). The front of the goblin shark has long, sharp teeth. The upper teeth are somewhat longer than the lower teeth.
Do goblin sharks eat humans?
Other Recommended Articles
- Ember Blenny Fish – Profile | Care | Super Male | Tank
- Gulf Signal Blenny Fish – Profile | Care | Tankmates
- Hairy Blenny Fish – Profile | Care | Algae | Ecology | Life Cycle
- Leaping Blenny Fish – Pacific | Care | Aquarium | Lives
- Convict Blenny – Juveniles | Hiding | Care | Engineer Goby
- Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish – Pair | Anemone | Compatibility
- Peacekeeper Maroon Clownfish – Profile | Care | Facts
- Gold Lightning Maroon Clownfish – Profile | Care | Nugget
- Pygmy Gourami – Size | Care | Tank Mates | Breeding
- Female Honey Gourami – Color | Breeding | Facts | Profile
- Lavender Gourami – Profile | Description | Facts | Size
- Lightning Maroon Clownfish – Temperament | Size | Breeding
- Combtooth Blenny – Care | Teeth | Black | Walking on Land
- Kamohara Blenny – Profile | Care | Tank Size | Information
- Striped Blenny – Care | Tankmates | Venom | Compatibility
- Mexican Barnacle Blenny – Care | Lifespan | Feeding
- Bluestriped fangblenny – Description | Facts | Care | Mimicry
- Bi Color Blenny Fish – Care | Diet | Size | White Spots
- Canary Blenny Fish – Bite | Care | Diet | Venom | Facts
- Scooter Blenny – Feeding | Male vs Female | Compatibility