The goblin sharks the mate through internal drainage and gives birth to baby goblin shark which is relatively large in numbers. The baby goblin shark gradually turns into an adult and joins the mainstream shark families.
Baby goblin shark
Although they give birth alive, these sharks do not attach to baby goblin sharks through a placenta. Instead, during the gestation period, the mother likely provides the baby goblin shark with her young eggs which they actively feed for nutrition.
After its birth, the baby goblin shark is ready to become active predators. Goblin sharks are not commercially fished and are rarely accidentally caught on fisheries by targeting other species.
According to a recent analysis, scientists believe the goblin shark is a species of low concern.
Little is known about goblin shark breeding because a pregnant woman has not yet been found and is unable to study.
It probably shares the reproductive characteristics of other mackerel sharks, which are separated by smaller litter sizes and embryos that increase during pregnancy by eating undeveloped eggs (olfactory).
The birth size is probably 82 cm (32 inches), the smallest sample length. No data on growth and aging are available in researches.
Other Recommended Articles
- Ember Blenny Fish – Profile | Care | Super Male | Tank
- Gulf Signal Blenny Fish – Profile | Care | Tankmates
- Hairy Blenny Fish – Profile | Care | Algae | Ecology | Life Cycle
- Leaping Blenny Fish – Pacific | Care | Aquarium | Lives
- Convict Blenny – Juveniles | Hiding | Care | Engineer Goby
- Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish – Pair | Anemone | Compatibility
- Peacekeeper Maroon Clownfish – Profile | Care | Facts
- Gold Lightning Maroon Clownfish – Profile | Care | Nugget
- Pygmy Gourami – Size | Care | Tank Mates | Breeding
- Female Honey Gourami – Color | Breeding | Facts | Profile
- Lavender Gourami – Profile | Description | Facts | Size
- Lightning Maroon Clownfish – Temperament | Size | Breeding
- Combtooth Blenny – Care | Teeth | Black | Walking on Land
- Kamohara Blenny – Profile | Care | Tank Size | Information
- Striped Blenny – Care | Tankmates | Venom | Compatibility
- Mexican Barnacle Blenny – Care | Lifespan | Feeding
- Bluestriped fangblenny – Description | Facts | Care | Mimicry
- Bi Color Blenny Fish – Care | Diet | Size | White Spots
- Canary Blenny Fish – Bite | Care | Diet | Venom | Facts
- Scooter Blenny – Feeding | Male vs Female | Compatibility